IPL, also known as Intense Pulsed Light, is a modern pulsed-laser technology that has disrupted the hair removal routine by removing unwanted hair, slowing the aging process by reducing wrinkles and perfecting the skin tone by treating blemishes. It emits a series of different wavelengths that scatter within the skin reaching various depths. Multiple uses of IPL also increase collagen production in the skin, leaving you glowing from the inside out. Due to IPL's versatility and proven results, IPL is a must for anyone wanting to look and feel their best.
As with all light based treatments, IPL works by emitting a wavelength into the skin, which in the case of hair removal targets pigment. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. It quickly turns to heat which then kills the growing cells that make the hair.
There have been numerous worldwide studies that demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of IPL for hair removal. Due to this fact, it has become an extremely popular option for a safe and effective method of hair removal at home and in clinics. We always advise that you exercise caution when treating yourself as not everyone may be suitable for IPL treatments. Due to the level of melanin in the skin, some darker skin types will not be able to use IPL. Additionally, we advise to check with your doctor first if you are taking medication that may make your skin sensitive to light.
Shave off unwanted hair from the skin surface that you are planning on treating.
Connect the power plug and adjust to a suitable level. It is highly recommended to start off with intensity level 1 during the first treatment. Increase the intensity if needed during the next treatment.
Place the device directly flat against your skin
Press the flash button to begin the hair removal treatment.
Work the tool around areas of the skin that needs treatment.
It's highly recommended to use aftershave skincare products after hair removal.
Results will begin to show within just a few days of use. And within 2-3 weeks, reduction of hair growth will be very noticeable. Works on virtually all skin types
We recommend using your handset once a week for the first 12 weeks. After this period use your handset once if you ever feel a touch up is needed. This could mean once a month and will gradually extend the more consistent you are.
Most customers begin to notice a reduction of hair after just 3-4 weeks done once a week, with complete results after 12 weeks. After this period use your handset once if you ever feel a touch up is needed. However, results vary from person to person.
Yes, we recommend you shave the desired areas before using your handset. This is because other forms of hair removal including waxing and tweezing may remove the hair root entirely. Which won't allow the IPL to target the root. Shaving takes the hair down to the appropriate length whereas not to cause any burns but also allowing the root to get targeted.
Between treatments you should only shave when required. You should never wax, pluck, or epilate as these hair removal methods remove the entire root, which is what absorbs the light during the treatment.
We recommend starting at the lowest intensity and working your way up each session, if you get uncomfortable and/or get marks that last longer than a couple hours it means that intensity is too high for you and the one below it should work best!
No, it isn't necessary to wear eye protection while using our handset. Our handsets are fitted with a sensor and will not pulse and light unless the entire window is pressed against your skin. That being said you should never try and look directly into the light as it flashes.
We recommend waiting 2 weeks before using your handset if you have recently tanned. Also, you should wait 48 hours to tan after using your handset. This is because your skin may be more sensitive to burns directly after IPL treatment. Any form of artificial tan should not be on your skin while using your handset.
Otherwise please check this list to make sure you are using the device correctly.
Possibilities for painful experience with the PurpleNanas™ IPL Handset:
- You have recently been exposed to the sun. We recommend staying out of strong sun exposure for 2 weeks before using our Handset.
- Your skin tone is darker than the recommended tones. Please check the skin tone chart on our website or in your user guide.
- You are using it at an intensity level that is too high for your skin. We always recommend starting with level 1 intensity to see how your skin reacts, after 2 sessions you can gradually increase the level each couple of sessions if you feel discomfort go back to a lower intensity.
- You have not shaved first. We always recommend shaving first because the IPL Handset may burn long hairs and it won't be effective to target the hair root if the hair is too long.
- You are not lifting the Handset after each flash. Doing this could harm the device and yourself. We recommend slightly lifting the Handset after each flash to allow for cool air to cool down the quartz bulb.
- You are using the device on the same spot multiple times per session. We recommend only one pass over each spot then moving to a new spot, otherwise you could be harming your skin and the device.
- You applied a cooling gel, lotion or any other type of applicant before treatment. We don't recommend using any lotion or ointment before treatment, our device is meant to be used without one.
It takes 1-3 days to process the orders and around 5-10 business days for your order to arrive. Shipping times vary depending on location. If you have any questions about the status of your order, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be more than happy to help you.
All orders will typically be dispatched within 1-3 business days from our warehouse and all orders will include tracking from dispatch to delivery. All orders will be shipped in durable packaging to ensure your purchase is not damaged during transit. PurpleNanas is not responsible for delays, lost or damaged shipments or orders sent to incorrect, invalid addresses or correct addresses. It is always in our best interests to make sure you receive your parcel in a timely manner and PurpleNanas will assist as much as possible to trace a missing parcel. PurpleNanas is not responsible for refunds of shipping costs in the event of delayed shipping due to product availability.